Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Global Warming



More and more people talk about global warming today but it seems like nobody is really doing anything about it. So my question here is what exactly is global warming and the effects it has on our earth, and what's causing it? I was curious to do my blog on global warming from my last weeks blog... I think not only does the sun and moon have an effect on the rising and dropping of our ocean's tides but I also feel global warming has an effect on our tides too.




The definition of Global Warming...



Global warming is, in simple terms, the rise in temperature of the earth's atmosphere. It can also be quite complicated in terms of where the Earth's average surface temperature has risen by about five degrees celcius since 1890 due to mainly an increase in greenhouse gasses, where carbon dioxide (CO2) is highly generated. That’s certainly a big part of global warming! Also and most definitly, the high and growing levels of CO2 in the Earth’s atmosphere got there because of what we have been doing for the past few hundred years!!! We humans are the main coprate of this environmental tragedy called global warming otherwise know as the "Green House Effect".






Some of the Effects Global Warming has on our Earth...




  • Melting of polar caps in the north and south

  • The widespread melting of snow and ice

  • Rising sea levels

  • Damages Earth's Ozone layer

This list is just to name a few but there are definitly more effects that global warming has on us.





Now, what's causing all this environmental tragedy?...


Like I mentioned earlier we are the main coprates that cause this environmental tragedy which we call global warming. I definitly feel it's due to technology and inventions of things in need for fuel and electricity (energy in general)! And a lot of it has to do with carbon dioxide. This is what I feel and briefly know but I also know there is a lot more cause to this.


No comments: